How to Buy Solar Light?
Some remote areas such as hill areas of Himachal Pradesh and Assam, College Campus, National Highway Roads, Parking Areas, Public Places in Villages such as Temples, Rivers, etc. do not get appropriate electricity as they are connected with the grid. Solar street light is a boon for such places. It offers a perfect solution for the illumination of streets & squares and cross roads located in areas that are not connected to the power grid.
What is Light?
Solar Lighting System is a lighting system for the illumination of streets, roads, squares and common public areas. It uses the sun’s light to work.
5 Major Problems in Solar Street Light Industry?
solar street light problems
1. Investment: Street lighting systems are installed only through government tenders. In this case, people have to invest first, and will receive the benefits after 5-6 months which acts as a roadblock for most of the people.
2. Safety: Solar lights are installed on roads and public places where theft, damage, and maintenance are a few major concerns. Hence, people do not want to commit to this ongoing maintenance affair.
3. Service & Maintenance: Solar light has at least five years¡¯ warranty, hence it needs to be visited every one-two months for regular check-up.
4. Information: Any new person interested in entering the solar lighting system is not able to easily find tender information and is unable to start the business.
5. Pricing: Solar Light Bidders set their price at a very low level. Not only that, solar light vendors also give service and maintenance in this pricing. The low pricing makes it unattractive to prospective entrepreneurs.
Solar Light in Private Sectors
Private Sector include School, College, Hospital, Garden, Park, Home Outdoor, etc. People also install street lights at these establishments.
Indian solar Light Industry Overview, 2021
solar solar light highlights
Solar Lights are finding an increasing use in today¡¯s world. It is an application of Solar energy which has gained popularity, owing to the rising electricity costs. Solar Street lights can be seen along the sides of roads. Solar Street Light receives the sunlight during daytime through which they light up during the night time.
Difference between Street Light & Solar Street Light
solar Light: The primary component of street light is sodium vapor lamps, LED Lights.
Solar Light: The complete set of solar panels, batteries, lights, controllers, and poles. The system is controlled by a controller with automatic ON/OFF time switch, which controls the light from dusk till morning or other setting time.
Unlike the conventional street lights, there are no wires associated with the solar street lights and so there is less risk of accidents. The solar lights are an environment friendly way of lighting up the streets. There is no pollution and is more energy saving. Solar street light is independent of the power grid. The cost is much lower as compared to electricity costs. The maintenance associated with solar lights are very less as compared to the other street lights.
Types of Solar Light
Fully Integrated – A Fully integrated street light is also known as All in one Light. It is a completely built up light where all components are inbuilt except for the pole.
Split Solar Street Light – In a Split Solar Light all components are separate and need assembly. Lead Acid batteries are used in these types of lights.
Semi-Integrated – A Semi-integrated Light comes fitted with the battery and light. However, the Solar Panel and Pole needs to be fitted.
Component of Solar Street Light
1. Solar Panel: Mono PERC Panel – 75W
2. Charge Controller: MPPT Charge Controller
3. Battery: Lithium Phosphate ¨C 6Ah, 12Ah, 18Ah, 24Ah, & 30Ah ¨C 5 years warranty
4. Dust Down Sensor – to make the light automatically switch on and off.
5. LED Luminaire: 20Watt (32 LEDs)
How to choose street light?
how to choose solar street light
Step 1: Decide Installation Area where you want to install? Such as Garden, Home Outdoor, High Way Road, Parking Area, etc.
Step 2: Decide Purpose of Light in installation area. If you need maximum light, you can choose maximum wattages of LED light.
Step 3: Choose the Durable Product. If you are buy solar street light for government tenders, you must install most durable solar street light. The service of solar street light is not essay. Most of solar street lights installation in remote and rural areas.
Our recommendation of solar street light is Solar Panel should be Mono PERC Technology that will be work in low light & cloudy weather, Battery should be Lithium Phosphate that’s warranty is upto 5 years, Charge Controller should be MPPT Technology, Light should be LED Lights & Poles should be strong and durable.
How does Street Light Works?
components of solar street light
The solar energy from the sun is absorbed by the photovoltaic cells/ panels on the street lights and are stored in the rechargeable battery, after converting the solar energy into electrical energy. During the night time, this energy lights up the lamp on the street lights. Again the next day the battery gets recharged. This is the working principle of the solar street lights.